Tuesday 27 March 2012

All My Friends Are Going To DPCON12

If you're not a blogger, you probably aren't aware that the Digital Parents Conference 2012 (DPCON12) is on this Friday, and it's a really big deal! All my blogging besties are going and I am totally bummed that I can't be a little spoon to one of them and help shield Jess from Diary of a SAHM from all the unwelcome hugs that will be thrust upon her. Not to mention how awesome it would be to have a weekend in Melbourne and do all fun grown up things like shopping and cool restaurants and cocktail parties. 


Oh, and I'm sure the actual conference would be good too. Look! I could have even had one of these pretty flashy buttons on my blog!






If only Beer Wench friend had outed me a bit earlier I may have had time to convince Mr Bond that me spending a whole weekend in Melbourne hanging out with a bunch of people he has never even heard about while he stays at home with Skye is such a great idea he would insist that I book my flights ASAP. 


Or something.


But alas, it is not to be, so instead I will be stalking Twitter for updates on what everyone is learning from the seminars and waiting patiently for my promised drunken FaceTime call from Maccas - did you know their smoothies make killer cocktails when spiked with Bacardi??? Last time I snuck booze into a Macca's container it was a bit of bourbon in a large Coke. See? Just another example of all the grown up stuff I will be missing!


Maybe if I start planning now I might just be able to make it next year.


To those lucky enough to be attending, I hope you have a great time and please, please, please share some photos on Twitter so I can at least pretend I was there!!!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...