Monday 12 March 2012

An Unexpectedly Wonderful Weekend


Yes I am back this week after a far longer than planned hiatus (more on that later) and while a lot of things have been happening around here I thought the best place to start would be with a wrap up from the weekend.
Mr Bond and I attended a 30th birthday party on the weekend, the theme was your favourite sporting attire. Now, to be clear on this, the last themed party we attended with this group of people saw an array of involved and rather expensive costumes - we were in fact the only people in attendance that did not arrive in costume, so we wanted to make sure that we were not left out this time. 
After plenty of time on Google and a trip to a nearby party shop we were all set with our costumes. I was rather perplexed by the fact that mine did not come with pants, but after making some additions to the ensemble, I was ready to go.
Turns out we may have overestimated the dress code. On arrival we saw a sea of football jersey’s, a few cricketer’s and a couple of ladies dressed in op shop bowlers dresses. 
Then there was the four of us.
I can’t really do the outfits justice in words, I think the photo’s speak for themselves...



The Ravishing Referees

Mr Bond 
Apologies for the rude gesture from Mr Bond, it was only when he put the suit on that he realised there was no fly in the pants. 


Just a couple of adjustments are we're all set!
He quickly remedied that by cutting one himself, only he was not paying attention to which side he was cutting, so in the end he was well and truly set for any possible issues that may have arisen. He managed to spill his first drink down the front of himself and only wore the suit for the first ten minutes anyway. 

Our small group of fully costumed crazy's was getting smaller by the minute!

Right when I thought we were the only people who mis-read the invite, we spotted these guys. The 'lady' on the left went to a disturbing amount of trouble, including the application of false nails. You will be pleased to know 'she' was wearing a full coverage bra, I know this because the tag was still on it.

No idea who these guys are, but they were happy to pose for me.

After our initial embarrassment it turned out to be a pretty good night after all! I can't remember the last time I wore a pair of runners to a party and I can tell you those whistles really came in handy when I needed Mr Bond to pour me another drink.

Linking up with the gorgeous Sonia at Life, Love and Hiccups for her Wonderful Weekends linky. Be sure to check out her newly discovered photography skills!





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...