Thursday 18 October 2012

Pregnancy Glow My Arse

Up until now I haven't had it too bad as far as pregnancy ailments go. While I would say I had it much easier with Skye's pregnancy, my only real complaints would be the heartburn, sore back and excessive grunting everytime I get up.

I would liken my grace to that of an upside down turtle, but really it's to be expected given I am 31 weeks along.

That all changed quite dramatically last weekend when Skye was kind enough to share her cold with me by coughing directly into my mouth.

Lovely.

I knew it was inevitable that I would end up sick, but didn't expect to be coughing by that afternoon. I knew I was feeling rotten but if you hear someone in their third trimester complaining about feeling tired, sore and short of breath you aren't likely to take it too seriously.

I didn't take it too seriously either until I had a coughing fit so bad I managed to pull a muscle in my stomach.

Ouch, that's a real bastard every time I have to move now.

Deciding I needed to confirm this was just a standard cough combined with a slightly sooky pregnant lady, I made an appointment to see the doctor. I was more concerned about getting Skye checked since she had been complaining about her ears aching.

Once we saw the doctor he told me that Skye was fine and would be better on her own soon. Me, not so much. Turns out I have a chest infection so bad he is treating it as pneumonia.

Oops.

Any wonder I was feeling so shit.

Just so you get a really good understanding of how not glowing I am, here is how I looked right after I got home from the doctors.




For the record, I am wearing foundation and mascara.

Yikes!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...