Saturday 15 October 2011

Grateful For… Going To Big Day Out 2012

This week for Maxabella Loves Saturday Grateful’s I am super excited to have purchased tickets for my first ever Big Day Out Music Festival. I have always wanted to go but have never been decisive enough to actually get tickets. This year I decided that since one of my all time favourite bands Soundgarden is one of the headlining acts and Skye is plenty old enough to spend a weekend at Nannie’s it was time to make it happen.

big day out

I was able to seal the deal with Mr Bond after reminding him that it will be the week before my 30th birthday so he is essentially off the hook for any pesky present buying duties. Given the event goes all day and neither of us will feel like driving 2 hours home afterwards, we are making a weekend of it and shacking up in a nice hotel just to make sure I feel nice and spoilt.

Here is a taste of some of the acts I will have the pleasure of seeing.

Soundgarden–Spoonman

Kanye West–All of the Lights
Hilltop Hoods–The Hard Road
Forster The People–Pumped Up Kicks
Architecture In Helsinki–Hold Music

I am grateful I was assertive enough to speak up about wanting to go and taking the initiative to make it happen. All too often I hesitate because of the cost or timing or putting someone else out and regret it later, any wonder I sometimes feel like I am in a rut.

Not this week though, this week I am feeling pretty damn good!

Grateful_button_working

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...