I am sure everyone has a curried sausages recipe, its a winter staple in our house, and now that Skye can enjoy it too, I try to cook it at least once a fortnight. I usually make enough to have left overs and put another 2 serves in a container and freeze for when I am struck down with a case if “I don’t wanna cook”. I fill mine out with all kinds of vegies because I like it to have a lot of colour and I try to have a good portion of vegetables in most of our meals for everyone’s benefit. I also use skinless sausages because I really can’t stand biting into a piece of skin when I think its onion, plus its quicker than boiling the sausages and removing the skins.
1 x 500g packet of skinless sausages
1 x large carrot sliced
1 x large onion finely sliced
1 x large zucchini sliced
1 x large potato finely sliced
1/2 cup of frozen peas and corn
1 x Tablespoon of Olive Oil
3 x Tablespoons of Clive’s of India Curry Powder
1 x packet of Continental Dutch Curry and Rice Soup Mix
2 x Tablespoons Tomato Sauce
1 x Dash of Dry Sherry
2.5 cups of Milk
Basmati Rice to serve.
1. Grill sausages until browned all over.
2. Heat oil in large saucepan and cook onion until soft.
3. Add 1 Tablespoon of curry powder and cook until fragrant.
4. Add dash of dry sherry
5. Remove sausages from grill and cut into bite sized pieces, add to saucepan.
6. Add remaining curry powder and stir to infuse sausages with onions.
7. Add vegetables, soup mix, tomato sauce and milk and stir.
You may find that the potato’s need to be par-cooked in the microwave prior to adding to the saucepan to ensure they are nice and soft when served. I always have more than enough to get another night out of and freeze some for later.