Technically I think it might be my Gran’s Potato Salad which we have tweaked a little but in any case, its a favourite around our place. If we are having any kind of occasion (including Christmas lunch) I can almost guarantee it will be on the table. It’s super easy and the sauce comes out of a bottle so I promise anyone can make it.
- 1kg chat potato's
- 1 carrot grated
- 2 celery sticks finely chopped
- 3 hard boiled eggs, cooled and sliced
- 1 bottle Kraft Potato Salad dressing
- 1 apple peeled and diced (optional)
1. Place the potato's in the microwave and cook until soft. Once cooked, put potato's in the fridge and allow to cool completely.
2. Once potato’s have cooled, cut into quarters and place in a large bowl, add carrot, celery and eggs then pour over sauce. Stir well until potato’s are all coated in sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
See? Totally easy! I like to add the apple because it offers a nice contrast and you don’t know if you have a piece of apple until you bite into it.
This salad tastes even better if you make it the day before and allow the sauce to melt into the potato’s before serving.
Linking up with Anne at Domesblissity for Thriving on Thursday which I have found to be a great resource for a whole range of things, be sure to pop over for a visit!