Monday 16 January 2012

Returning To Real

Mr Bond returned to work today after 3 weeks of holiday’s. I will miss having him home all day and not just for the opportunity to steal a sleep-in, it was great having the time together as a family again after him being away for so long. But there is something about everyone being on holiday that plays havoc with my need for structure and routine. I don’t know what day it is so I miss things which makes me feel unproductive. This week everything will return to its normal, rightful places, Skye will go back to swimming lessons and day care, my regular gym classes will recommence, mum will make her weekly visit and with any luck, Skye will stop fighting me on day and night sleep times.

So far, so good, as I type this Skye is in her cot and after little protest I believe her to be sleeping peacefully. The day on a whole has felt familiar, normal, comforting. I have spoken to mum, taken care of some admin and general household boringness and most importantly, enjoyed some one-on-one time with Skye. I hadn’t realised how much I had missed that until this morning.

051

I wanted to do a bit of baking today so I made sure my little helper was all set up to assist me. She spent over an hour pouring rice and water into different containers and measuring things out. I suspect it is going to take even longer to get this rice glue off the floor…

082

I made some delicious banana bread (with real banana’s!), which I am sure Mr Bond will enjoy in his lunch tomorrow, if it doesn’t get eaten this afternoon that is.

078

I found a giraffe eating the rest of Skye’s lunch.

063

Of course the Apprentice Chef’s most important duty is licking the spoon.

Nothing exciting, nothing newsworthy, just a relaxed day at home with my little girl, just the way I like it.

How do you feel about getting back into your normal routine? Are you more than ready for things to get back to normal by the end of holidays or do you wish it was like that all the time?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...