Friday 24 February 2012

Thank You, For Loving Me At My Worst

Mr Bond does cop a pretty bad rap here at times (mostly deserved) and I often take him for granted, occasionally even being ungrateful for all that he does because I am too busy making fun or seeing faults. Just last week I was complaining about the fact that he had been coming home early (right after I had put Skye down for her nap) and interrupting my Me-Time that I had planned on using to write blog posts and catch up on some general computer faffing. The audacity of him wanting to be in his own home and spend time with his wife. This week I was reminded what a wonderful husband he really is.

cute-fraseee-love-pink-red-Favim_com-190554_largeImage via We Heart It

 

Last Tuesday was possibly one of the longest and most stressful I have had in a very long time. I was anxiously waiting on an important phone call and really didn’t want to deal with anything. I was too distracted to be able to focus on what I wanted to do and I just wanted the day to be over. I had planned on spending most of the day at home working on a few things and with Skye at Day Care I was free to wallow in my worrying without the need to put on a brave face.

There was a slight problem with my plan however, it was raining a torrential downpour outside which meant that Mr Bond was unable to go to work. The rain was so bad in fact that he couldn’t even potter around in his shed to amuse himself. So instead he was inside watching me worry. After a couple of hours of almost complete silence, he could tell that I was only going to spend the day sitting on the lounge absentmindedly watching crappy day time television so he suggested that we go out to lunch.

I can tell you that the last thing I felt like doing was going and sitting anywhere public and having lunch, I barely felt like eating at all so the idea seemed pointless, but I agreed because sitting on the lounge was doing nothing to distract me while I was waiting to hear back. I had to admit that I would never have managed to do anything productive anyway so I would be better off to get out of the house for a while.

tumblr_l8aqw9La011qca5g3o1_500_largeImage via We Heart It

In spite of my concerns we had a really nice lunch and it was certainly a novelty to be able to sit at the table and have a conversation without Skye interrupting or wanting to eat what we are eating, or run off into the pokies. It was a pity that I wasn’t able to enjoy it more.

After we returned from lunch I received the phone call I had been waiting for and thankfully it was good news. I was so thankful that Mr Bond was there to share my relief and if the news had been different, he would have been there to help deal with that too. It turned out that having him at home and interrupting my day was exactly what I needed.

So I am saying thank you Mr Bond for knowing what I need even when I don’t know myself. For understanding my distance and knowing how to bring me in, for loving me at my worst. Whether you did these things intentionally or accidentally, I couldn’t have managed without you.

Please don’t think this post was written to make up for the ribbing he received recently for Valentine’s Day, he will probably not even read this, I just needed to share what a thoughtful, loving person he really is, and why that will always mean more to me than whether he puts his dirty clothes in the basket.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...