Tuesday 16 August 2011

Listography–Guilty Pleasures

Kate said it herself, this week is a hum-dinger of a list. I have to admit, at first I thought maybe I was a bit too cool (cough) to have any guilty pleasures to share. After all, I despise girly movies of any kind, I don’t eat a whole lot of ‘naughty’ stuff or have a hidden collection of ABBA on my iPhone so really what was I going to confess to? Um, things far worse than the aforementioned that’s for sure…

1. Spreadsheets.Yes, as in the excel variety. If there is something that can be listed and calculated out on a spreadsheet, I have a file for it. Including one dating back over the last 4 Christmas’s detailing what gifts I have given to whom and how much it cost, just so I don’t buy them the same thing twice and I stay within my budget (yeah right). Nerd much?
spreadsheet
2. Austin PowersRomantic Comedy’s featuring Cameron Zellwegger-Spoon something just don’t do it for me. Give me a man in a bad chest rug, blue velvet suit and crooked teeth asking if he makes me horny baby, yeah, do I? and I will shout a Hell Yeah! 
austin_powers
3. Mario Bros on NintendoNo, not the new Mario, not on the Wii or any other kind of pixelated assault on the eye balls, just the original Mario Bros on the original Nintendo. It was the very first game and console we had when I was a kid, I have finished it more times than I can count and could probably run the levels with my eyes closed, but its still my absolute favourite game.
Super_Mario_Brothers
4. 70’s party foodI couldn’t decide whether I preferred corn relish dip or ants on a log (celery with peanut butter and sultana’s sprinkled on top) so I thought that the whole 70’s party food genre was really quite appealing. Devils on horseback anyone?
devils-on-horseback-mslo-archive-lg
5. ExerciseIf you have been reading along for a while you will know that exercise makes me happy and I have a tendency to run like a mummy. To me this is one of my biggest pleasures, outside of my family obviously, but I know I am not considered normal when I say this and as such, I think it qualifies as a guilty pleasure too
So fess up, what are some of your guilty pleasures? If you are looking for some more giggles, be sure to check out the rest of the entries at Kate Takes 5 this week.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...